Sunday, January 01, 2012

It's just another New Year's Eve...another night like all the rest. But when we're through, this New Year's Eve -will be the best.

A toast to the year that has just passed - and a welcome to the one rolling in....

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.

Prior to raising my glass this year, I gave some thought and reflection to the year gone by.
It was better than the previous year...but hopefully not as wonderful as the one to come.

Alot was accomplished, both personally and professionally - though this year, I prefer to have less balls juggling at once.

On a personal level, continuing my journey of self awareness, my own personal spirtuality, and the constant growth as a parent are the key goals to this upcoming year.  While I'm always growing as a parent, my own interests and goals waned a bit.  I put them on the back burner and I think everyone suffered as a result.  My patience level is lower, my optomism waned (yes, even me with the rose colored glasses felt frustrated and less than optomistic from time to time) and I felt less than energized overall.  So to focus on a little more time for me to find center and balance is win-win for all.

Life is a journey, not a destination; and that couldn't be any more true.
I love the journey that I'm on - even when it doesn't exactly go the way I'd hoped at times.  And every day is another day to have a good day.

The same goes for the new year.
It's a clean slate, a fresh start and a new time.
And while we get a new chance each morning, there's something about the psychology of a new year that makes us feel as if we can accomplish anything.

And I raise my glass tonight to celebrate not only my own goals - but yours as well.

No comments: