Friday, December 30, 2011

Please, celebrate me home....

Yes, I've been most remiss in posting - I apologize.

It has been insanely busy in this girl's life the past month.
I can't wait for New Year's Day because I'm just cooking all day - but in a way that's different than Christmas; it's a "lay around in pajamas and don't do anything else" kind of day.  I haven't had a day where I didn't need to go anywhere at all, since early November.  I've earned New Year's Day , God damn it.

Last night I took Princess Petunia to The Nutcracker.  It was a total surprise and she loved it - and in a time and place when maybe kids can be a bit overindulged, to see her happy and excited made me feel so good.  Not only that I was able to surprise her- but that she was so gracious and appreciative of it.  It sounds silly to say that she wouldn't be, but truth be told - today's kids get so much more than we did growing up, it's almost difficult to get kids to be excited about anything. So truly, last night was gratifying on so many levels.

Christmas dinner was wonderful; I love, love, love my new kitchen.  The functionality and flow is perfect.  And while it doesn't have a double wall oven - I did get from my father a rotisserie oven which has officially won the "my favorite gift of the year" award.  We roasted the Chateaubriand and it came out unbelievable.  And allowed for the ham to be in the oven, so that everything was timed perfectly.  I had 15 for dinner and truly, you never would've known it because the kitchen is set in such a way that I can cook, clean and put things away, without anyone even noticing.  Sounds crazy, right?  I know! 

Tomorrow is New Years Eve - and what is to be the end of the chaos for this girl.  Had we not moved, it wouldn't have been quite so stressful; truthfully, this holiday season ran incredibly smoothly at the store.  Everything went just right, I ordered enough without over ordering -and even stocking the inventory, I managed to come up with a system that made finding our back stock quick, easy and convenient.

I have to say, this was a great holiday season overall - both personally and professionally.

Tomorrow, will be the toast to the New Year....and a farewell to this one.
And a quiet night on the horizon.....

No comments: