Friday, December 09, 2011

'Tis the season to be jolly....

How can it be that Christmas is so close?
Two and a half weeks?  Say it isn't so....

And me without my menu planned.

One of the things I've discovered is that my new wall oven is much smaller than my previous traditional gas oven.  Which will definitely pose a dilemma while cooking. 
I barely can fit a ham!  And I know this, because I made one this past weekend.

Truthfully, I don't even know who's coming for dinner this year.  No clue as to how many people may grace our table.  I know at minimum I definitely have 11, but not sure if we will have more.

I'm thinking I'm going to keep it simple.

Typical shrimp appetizers...for a soup, I may do lobster bisque or a potato leek vichyssoise (which I may choose to serve cold as it's intended, rather than warm.  I have to think on that one....), lobster raviolis in a vodka cream sauce, and then ham & tenderloin with asparagus and roasted potatoes.

I think if I cook the ham and roast a bit early, then while they're resting I can finish the side dishes and that should all work.  I'm even going to simplify it more by not making my own ham; the one I made last year was horrible.  It tasted disgusting - I don't know what was wrong with it.  But even though the one I made this past weekend was fantastic, I think I'm going to do a Honey of a Ham.  They are flawlessly delicious.  (Not to be confused with magically delicious, which honestly it's such a perfect piece of meat one could think there may be some magic involved.  But I digress....)

I still feel like it's all coming so quickly.....

No comments: