Tuesday, October 25, 2011

She's baaacck....

Today I finally made my way back to my yoga mat.
After a year's absence.
Yes, I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Typically, I'll practice all year and then stop Oct - January because the holiday season is just too busy for me; but I'm so sore and tired, and I've been doing nothing in the way of exercise that I figured I'd try the reverse to get myself in shape for the holiday season!  So I'm going to work through it... Tuesdays, Thursdays and possibly Fridays. 

My God I've missed it.
It's amazing how the body doesn't forget how to form the poses -- though the muscles do forget how long they have to hold them for.  It's going to take some time to get used to the burn and work through it once again.

But this soreness, well....that's the high I'm always chasing anyway.
And I'm glad it's back.

No comments: