Saturday, October 08, 2011

Home is where your heart is...

So we're counting down the days before the big move.  Because we're acquiring alot of the furniture that was in the house (the people we're purchasing from have relocated a while ago and have brand new furniture in the house that they've since replaced with even newer furniture in their new home, so....we were fortunate that we had similar tastes in some areas! ) it has helped the amount of actual physical movement of furniture between houses, which is one way that hopefully this move will be less stressful than most.

What I can't wait for the most - and this is going to sound crazy, I know.... but I can't wait for the house to smell like home.

You know what I mean?

The house now, doesn't smell bad -- it just doesn't smell lived in.  Not in a sterile, pristine way - but in a rather, just blah sort of way.

I can't wait for my Lavendar & Vanilla room warmers, Pumpkin Pie & Cranberry Chutney candles, the smokiness from a fireplace, laundry detergent and fabric softener wafting from the laundry room - and the smell of spaghetti and meatballs to help make the house seem more like home. 

Like our home.

No comments: