Sunday, October 30, 2011

If a picture paints a thousand words.....

Today I started packing.  I'd been taking some of my things down and putting them away but today I took all my knick knacks, wall hangings and decorations and packed them away.  All of my pictures are down and packed too - and truly, that's what makes my house look so empty.

We're completely full on furniture, and yet...without the photographs of us, with our friends and family, the house is eerily empty now.

I always find it odd when I would go into a house that was staged and find no remnants of family life there.  Even the house that we're buying had no personal family shots anywhere and I find that so offputting almost. 

Isn't part of what makes a house feel like a home, the memories that are made within it?
I think they are anyway.

To me there is nothing better than going into a home and seeing loving faces and happy times proudly displayed in every corner.

And I can't wait to start hanging our old memories - and I look forward to adding new ones.

No comments: