Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Poor little puppies!



Okay, so maybe she's not a puppy. Or even a dog. She's a coyote....and she was brutally killed by the Boston Police on Sunday. They felt she was a risk because she was injured. Poor thing -- probably was hit by a car, hurt and just trying to find shelter.
The poor thing was injured, and lost...coyotes don't venture into the heart of the city!
That doesn't warrant killing the poor animal. How's about capturing it, and rehabilitating it to release into the wild?? My God, we don't kill murderers in this state, but God forbid you're a coyote out of your comfort zone. No wonder wild animals are petrified of us.

And just a few hours ago - a small coyote was found stuck in the Charles River - and he was rescued and brought into the Museum of Science to warm up.....and he was fine with his rescuers! He will be relocated, hopefully someplace more rural.


I love coyotes. They're the closest predator to a wolf that is local to my area; I live abutting the woods, and have a little dog and small children - so I know the risk they pose. I still respect them, and can't help but feel badly for them when their territories have become so small and encroached upon.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

I know, isn't it a shame? I hate it when life is snuffed for what appears to be convenience more than necessity. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't admit to having done so myself - bugs and such, mostly - but still, it bothers me.