Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Get into the groove.....

So, I don't want to say anything but..... it seems like those "intangibles" of Jason's that weren't "so important" last season, are looking pretty darn important these days -- aren't they? Funny to hear sports radio today talking about it. I don't want to say "I told you so", but......

Okay, so I'm getting ready to run the Mother's Day 3.5 mile race. I've only run 3.5 miles outside a couple of times this Spring, but I've been running at minimum a mile per night on the treadmill. It's not a lot, but enough to keep my juices flowing so I'll be all set for the race. I can totally run 3.5 -4 miles outside not a problem without any preparation, but given the fact that I've got all these sore muscles from the Yoga Marathon, it seems to make sense to keep moving while the body is feeling it. I've also started lifting again (just lightly, mostly for sculpting) and I am going back to yoga classes at night once a week. I've really been doing nothing for me and I need to get back to doing a little something good that's not for me as a Mom -- but for me as a person. (Seriously, don't you want to shake me and say "get a hobby!" Well, I would if I had free time! Yoga and running are my hobbies! ) Partly the reason why I only run 1 mile at home is because it's something that I can squeeze in under 10 minutes! Once I'm home from the store - I'm Mom, and just because I'm not the only grown up home doesn't mean my day ends. Oh no, it just begins....

So I'm trying to get into a new rhythm of energizing, and it's starting with this. Hopefully, this is just the beginning.

(Oh, and a quick postscript: try spamming now my little solicitious friends...just try.)

No comments: