As I sit here with a glass of Malbec and waiting to make grilled calamari and chopped salad for dinner - I'm completely and entirely exhausted. Today didn't exactly go as planned -- rather than having huge gaps of time between items and errands throughout the day - I was back to back with errands and visitors and appointments. Not a bad thing - but made it so that I wasn't able to do a favor for a friend, which really bummed me out. I don't like not being able to help someone, you know what I mean?
So, my weekend is also jam packed but in a good way and hopefully a relatively relaxing one.
And the store - which will be completed being painted tomorrow looks flipping fantastic. Seriously, I'm loving the color and even more - loving some of the artistry that's going to be done on the walls when the paint is done. So exciting...
What are this girl's thoughts for the day.... well, they are as follows:
1. I did not watch the season opener of Grey's Anatomy. So no spoilers, please. I DVR'd it so I can fast forward through commercials tonight -- I'm already pretty convinced that George is going to die, so that's not going to be a huge shocker - but I do miss my friends at Seattle Grace and hope that there's more to the debut than that.
2. I did however, watch "The Changeling". I have developed a whole new appreciation for the talent of Angelina Jolie. It was quite refreshing to see her in a role that showed her as a vulnerable character rather than a tough, action figure one. I'm really just about all set with her being a brooding, dark, sexy, tough girl. It's a little played out, just sayin'...
The movie was done very tastefully as well, since it didn't focus on the gruesome aspect of the crimes - and more on her and what changes she was responsible for in LA during that time as a result of losing her son.
3. How much fun was Sean Casey up in the booth with Don Orsillo? Seriously, I think they should have him on all the time. I was laughing the whole time - he is so animated and his stories are pretty funny, or maybe it's just his translation of them that's so fun - but I loved it. Funny sidenote to that -- which I mentioned here before -- is that my son sat next to him at a WWE event last year. Speaking of which, my son will be attending once again next week - and one only knows who he will end up sitting next to this time. I'm so sad because I was supposed to go with them this time but my son invited a friend to go, so.... Mommy's out of luck it seems.
4. I miss Jason. Ugh, everyone is all over the Victor Martinez bandwagon. Yeah, yeah.. I know. I don't want to hear it.
5. Busy busy weekend for the girl. We have our first "away" game in travel soccer tomorrow morning, then off to the store to pay the painter. Next up is a family reunion - and fortunately, tomorrow night as far as I know - there are no plans. Sunday, I'm running a 5k in the morning and then we're going for a family dinner and watching the Patriots.
And then we start all over again on Monday.
But that's a big week.