Friday, July 13, 2007

Funny thing happened to me yesterday....

I've been preoccupied it seems.

First time I noticed this was on Tuesday as I was in the vets office, picking up my cat from being declawed. I went to pay, and realized that I did not have my debit card on me. The last time I had remembered using it was when I got my hair cut -- two Fridays ago. So now I'm panicking as I call my bank to verify that no one has used it since that date. Fortunately, no one had - so easily enough we stopped that card and reissued another one. I left the card inside of the ATM machine within my branch. How stupid! I mean, I know that I'm not the first person to misplace their ATM card, but truly - how preoccupied was I that I couldn't remember to take it with me? I didn't think I had that much on my mind that day, but clearly I did.

Wednesday, I had a splitting headache that literally just spring upon me as I was driving home (and still have, truth be told). One minute I was fine, the next minute - raging headache. And I just wasn't in the mood to cook. I wanted something cool and refreshing…so I thought, "aaah. Sushi!". So when I got home, I grabbed my daughter and took her with me to what I thought was the closest Whole Foods. (Word to the wise, the Woburn store is REALLY in Winchester - so while Woburn is one town away - Winchester is not, and it took what felt like forever to get there!) Anyway. I get my food - and as I'm leaving, the carriage somehow cuts my pinky toe (I was wearing flip flops) and this teensy tiny nick on my pinky toe is bleeding like I've been amputated. So now my daughter is upset seeing me bleed, there's blood gushing -- I mean puddling in my flip flop - and I'm trying to get her and the groceries into my truck. Meanwhile, two people get out of their car and walk by me and say "Oh Miss, do you know you're bleeding?". In my head I'm thinking "hell yes I know I'm bleeding thank you!" but I politely smile and say "yes, I know, thank you - I'll look for a tissue after I load up my truck". So now I'm mortified on top of injured while my daughter is being uncooperative. Despite this, I put the carriage away - because I don't want to leave it in the middle of the lot even though I'm being completely grossed out.

What did I forget to bring with me, as I drove away?
My wallet. Sitting right in the top of the carriage………..but I didn't know that at the time.
Oh no. I discovered that yesterday morning on my way to work. In Burlington.
I realize that I must've left my wallet at home.

So I drive all the way home, to discover my wallet wasn't there.
(Insert wave of panic rushing through me, HERE. Oh and that headache that I thought was gone with the sushi? Returned.)

I very calmly call Whole Foods, where I'm pleased to discover that my wallet was graciously returned by a passerby who noticed I left it. So back up 128 to Burlington I drive - to go into Winchester to get my wallet before heading into work.

I'm not normally so scattered. But clearly, I'm a bit preoccupied as of late.
Must be that whole "not getting to see Jason" thing that's gone to my head.
Kidding….

2 comments:

Tim said...

good thing your head is safely attached to your shoulders....

seriously though, I hate it when I get super forgetful like that.

Susan said...

We need to tie your wallet to your wrist. LOL. J/K!