Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Yet another song I wish I had written....

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...

You see the smile that's on my mouth
Its hiding the words that don't come out
And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed
They don't know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what I've been through

The Story: Brandi Carlile

Whats even better than the words, is the passion with which she sings.
Love this song.

4 comments:

Greens and Pinks said...

Ooooh! My current favorite song! I "discovered" Brandi Carlisle when she was just coming out, she's from Seattle and my husband and I were in Seattle visiting family, probably almost 2 years ago. She's AWESOME.

David Sullivan said...

Why doesn't she tell people you she is. Isn't one definition of a friend someone you confide in and if so, then she isn't being a friend. She sounds superficial and shady to me! ;)

ramblin' girl said...

I really like that song, right now, too!

chesneygirl said...

I've never heard it. Matter of fact I've never even heard of the singer.

... I'm so out of it. *sigh*