Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"

Yesterday in work, some of us were talking about the Myers Briggs personality test. I had taken it years ago, and came up with a particular personality typing. It's understandable to see why these tests are used in employment processes because they do paint a very close picture of a person's personality. Of course, nothing in life is truly black and white - and there are always "exceptions to the rule", but generally speaking they're pretty much spot on.

So last night, I took the test again. And interestingly enough, I came up with the same results I came up with the last time I took it. So clearly, I am who I am!

And truthfully, there's no surprise in my results. I could've told you this is what my personality is like, but just not using such psychological terms.

I am an ENTJ: Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging (Extraverted Thinking with Introverted Intuition). Otherwise lovingly known as the "Executive", or "Field Marshall".

"Executive/Field Marshall": The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.

If you'd like to read a little bit more about my personality -which is eeriely accurate: http://www.e-mbti.com/entj.php

Got some time? Take the test yourself!
And see if your personality is defined the same as how you think you are!

2 comments:

Greens and Pinks said...

I'm an ESTJ - every time I take it, same thing!

Mellissa said...

Hey Bec -

I am ESTJ also!!

Oh, and that other bug up there has my icon from the BabyBug Blog... :-)

Send me your email addy and I will send you an invite to the provate blog...and I posted a pic of the little one on my blog today.

Hope all is well in Beantown!!!

xoxo,
Bug