Monday, July 30, 2007

Introspective...

Funny how sometimes life throws you a curveball.
When you least expect it, something changes your entire perspective on a situation.


Sometimes, you find out that someone isn't the person you thought they were…?
Or maybe - they are, which can be disappointing in of itself.

Often it's best not to force an issue. Once you've opened the door - there's no turning back.
Some times things are better left unsaid.

The most difficult thing about having friends is accepting who they are…especially when they aren't necessarily being a friend. Taking a step back and re-evaluating the relationship might help, but sometimes it just boils down to whether life would be as much fun if they weren't a part of it any longer. Often the answer is to just accept the shortcomings and move onwards. Of course assuming that there isn't an malice involved. That can often be a muddy line to see clearly though.

How to know you're making the right decisions in life? You never do.
You just go with your gut - and hope for the best.
Roll with the punches.
And never let them see you sweat.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Amen sista.

I talked to Colleen...she has your plate so whenever you want to meet up. I'm game. : )

Mellissa said...

Are you inside my head??? I mean seriously - I could not have written this better myself.

As you know, I am in the great chasm of change ;-) some good, and some not....

I really needed to read this post today..to remember to go with my gut and listen to my heart.

xoxo,
Mellissa