Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Feeling sort of...blah.

Okay. So I'm in a rut.
I can feel it.

You know, I've never been the kind of person who's okay with complacency. And while I've got some irons in the fire professionally, on a personal level at the moment I'm just sort of coasting. I haven't found any books that really excite me since reading "The Kite Runner". I keep meaning to get the follow on to that book but just haven't had the chance to do it yet. I do try to pick up other books to read, but nothing has really gotten me feeling like I want to read it. So many fun books out there, but I just don't seem to be "in the mood" to read them.

I've been slacking on running. And I am not sure why. I really enjoy running…but I think it's because I've got no goal to work towards. A few months back, a few girls in the office asked if I wanted to run a half marathon with them. Of course I’m so not at that level so I said that I would love to but expressed my concern of not being a true long distance runner. The plan was that we'd all train together, but that didn't exactly happen. And I don't have anyone to train with so the half marathon is so not happening for me. That's okay though. I think I'm more geared towards the 5k/10k circuit anyway. So - I logged onto Cool Runnings and I am a little bit disappointed that at the moment there are no 5ks planned near me any weekend soon. Sigh…

I'm sure there will be shortly, they don’t always post right away - but damn it, I need a goal. I need something to work towards. Anyone interested in running a 5k? Let me know…

Maybe a little sunshine to come out at the end of the day today as the weatherman promised will make me feel better. If nothing else, I know today's 4:30 yoga class will!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I wish I could even run 1/4 of a mile. Sigh...

Tim said...

If you're looking for something to read - check these out. I've still got one copy of each available in the book giveaway.