Monday, July 16, 2007

A weekend in review: Televison style!

So, I watched a little television this weekend. Not too much, but what I did see - I wanted to share.

Friday night:
A little Red Sox. Never much fun when they lose, especially on such a close game.

Saturday night:
A little more Red Sox. Always fun when they win!
Arturo Gatti v. Alfonso Gomez, including all the undercards. The fight before the main event and after the main event - were great. The names of the boxers are escaping me at the moment but if you enjoy boxing and have the opportunity to watch the replay on HBO - please do so. You won't be disaapointed. The main event, was heartbreaking. I love Arturo Gatti. Not only is he handsome ( I think so, in a very masculine sort of way!), he's got such tremendous heart and is always such a great athlete to watch. He is heart and soul when it comes to boxing. And unfortunately, he had to end his career Saturday night. As Max Kellerman put it - we watched the fall of a an action hero. It was sad to see him lose - but it was also in a way nice to see Alfonso Gomez look so great. He's from "The Contender" and I always liked him. He's talented, and he's got a strong heart in the ring as well. He looked good Saturday, but only time will tell when he fights another opponent. He shouldn't be calling out Julio Cesar Chavez Jr just yet, but hey - I'm not his manager.

Sunday night:
"Scott Baio: Still Single at 45": HA. This show kills me. If you thought you were a Scott Baio fan - watch this show, I assure you that you probably won't be one afterwards! I never was; I was one of the few girls I knew that didn't think he was cute. And I still don’t think he's that good looking. However… to me, it's no secret as to why he's 45 and still single. Scott, I've got two words for you pal: Dick. Head. There's your answer. Change your attitude and you just might go somewhere in life besides living off Chachi and Charles in Charge -- and so very begrudgingly at that.

"Big Love": You know, I really like this show. I like it a lot. It was a bit difficult to get into at first, given that I don't really care for ANY of the actors in the show; but the story line is unique. And the writers have actually gotten me to be endeared to the characters. It's no "Dexter" or "Rescue Me". It doesn’t grab you from the first show; it's a slow burner, but well worth watching.

And I didn't watch much of the Red Sox in between. Because it's really never much fun when they lose - especially when it's such a close game.

(This is my first attempt at posting via email. If it worked, and you know me in "real life" and can get in touch with me at work, please do! I'd like to know if it worked!)

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Ugh. Scott Baio. I never could stand the guy and I always wondered what women saw in him. I'm glad to find out that at least one woman agrees with me.

clew said...

HA HA HAAA! Rebecca, as I was watching Scott on Sunday night I swear I was TOTALLY thinking, "I KNOW Rebecca's watching this! I gotta check her blog!"

I'm with ya, he never did a thing for me. But I'm watching this cause you know I dig these kinds of shows (are there going to be any more Breaking Bonaduces?). I cant resist a train wreck.

P.S. Howya been? I'm trying to get back into blogging but I've kinda needed a hiatus. Thanks for keeping in touch! xxxooo

chesneygirl said...

I never saw what the big attraction was in Scott Baio either... Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I heard that his girlfriend is pregnant with a girl and due in December. They apparently will tell this at the end of the shows.