Tuesday, January 01, 2013

My New Year's Hopes & Wishes..


I'm hopeful for a year full of love, laughter and happiness - not just for myself - but for all my family and friends.  I hope that this year brings those who have struggled this past year, into a better place in all aspects of their life.

I'm wishing for a year full of softball games and cheerleading, pool parties and barbecues with friends and family, basketball games and drama camps, football Sundays and holiday dinners, quiet nights and busy days....

I'm hopeful I will find my mat once again.  I've wished this the last two years and been incredibly inconsistent but I'm determined; I'm wishing for myself to find my interest in doing something that I love for me, just 2 hours a week.  That's not overly selfish, and I shouldn't feel badly about making the time to do it.

I'm hopeful that I can detach myself from my business just a teensy bit.  I have this overwhelming sense of responsibility to my business and that's not a bad thing - but I need to learn to relax a little bit more. 

My farewell to this year is... Some of the goals I'd laid out for myself this year, I didn't quite reach.  And that's okay, because sometimes you think you want to go in one direction, but end up in another.

 “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”

 I'm always happy - that's just my general disposition - but I wish for those around me to be happy as well. So while I toast to the Old Year as it leaves - I toast to the new one as well.

“To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.” 

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

MarkD60 said...

Happy New to you too!