...or at least it feels that way.
Since I've blogged.
So here's the latest/greatest with this girl!
1. Been quietly back to my mat. The reason why I stress quietly is because I've done so much "stop/start" over the last 18 months I hesitate to announce it. But I've been going for 3 weeks now and have quickly gotten back into the wanting to go all the time mode, so I'm feeling cautiously optomistic to publicize that I'm getting back into the swing of things. Besides, I've got lots of goals this year that I'm going to accomplish and this is just one part of reaching many of them.
2. I am totally crushing on OWater. Mkay, so outside of the Metromint peppermint water and home made cucumber water - I'm sort of a plain jane when it comes to my water. I like nothing sweetened or artificial tasting and there are very few water products out there that fit the bill. My son had brought home a bottle of OWater that he bought at school and he didn't care for it. I was surprised because it was peach flavored and he typically loves all things peach. So I tasted it....and I'm the opposite, I don't love peach flavored things unless they're fresh peaches. But now I get why he didn't love it. It reminded me of Metromint in the respect that there was absolutely no sweetness, just a peach flavor that tasted real and a texture that was refreshing. I never in a million years thought I'd be interested in peach water and yet...I'm thinking of buying a case. Who knew?
3. Counting down the days until G and I head to the Big Apple. I'm trying to think of where to go for dinner while we're there and Bobby Flay's Mesa is on my list. If anyone has any great suggestions for Manhattan "must eat" places, feel free to share. I'm pretty sure that our 2d night will be a Peter Luger night since we'll be hanging in JayZ's crib Brooklyn. I've yet to go but I hear great things about it from friends of ours who have. Rumor has it - best steak sauce, ever. I think the best steak restaurant we've been to is Shula's but we shall see....
4. Baby it's cold outside! Listen, we're practically Floridians here since we haven't had a series of cold days strung together like this in about 3 years. C'mon New England, suck it up! You know it's going to be 50 in a few days. Cold like this doesn't stick around for long.... By the way I felt like a true New Englander today when I was carrying cases of wine to a customer's car without a coat on. It was a balmy 20 degrees out which, compared to yesterday's 5 - was practically summer!
5. Ah yes, football season is over. Well, there's always next year. No worries NE Patriots - we still love you. Besides, the game was probably fixed. It's a much better media story to see two brothers coach against each other for a Superbowl win, along with the fact that Ray Lewis' "all drama day and all drama night" about his retirement (yada yada yada) is a much more interesting side story than seeing the dynasty of New England win once again. Did we get beaten? Hell yes. The Baltimore defense was tough and they were on fire. Did we lose calls that were game changers? Hell yes. But we'll live to see another day.... and not every organization truly has the opportunity to say that each year. So we're really sort of lucky that way...
6. And finally.... the weekend is here. Basketball games, family visits, and relaxation. I'm glad it's here and I'm looking forward to enjoying it!!