Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's a bird, it's a plane...it's the Novovirus - aka, the Supermodel Diet

So Monday I was hit with the stomach bug, or otherwise known as NovoVirus.
And it wasn't fun kids.  It wasn't fun.
The only time I pretty much cry for my mother, is when I'm embracing the porcelain goddess.

The truth of the matter is, the yukky stuff didn't last all that long....it was the achiness, the fever and the lethargy.  I have never, ever spent the day in bed sleeping.  I could not keep my eyes open and truly, from my nose to my toes - I ached.

The good news is -- it lasted approximately 24 hours and then I was done.

Dehydration can be a girls best friend.  It makes you feel lighter, brighter, and ready to get back into gear.

I got my first pedicure of the season when G and I went to Foxwoods this past weekend for the Fray concert (pictures to follow in the next blog post!) so that means it's time to hit the mat.  (Truly, you can't go to yoga with ugly toes.  That is just disgusting....).  And mixing it into the routine is going to be Barre Yoga.  A pretty interesting concept of ballet meets pilates meets weights meets yoga.  I go to my first class tomorrow and I can't wait.

Yesterday was the most perfect day of the week.  Yes, I know that Monday was amazing but listen it was hell for me and I don't mean the temperature.  But yesterday.....we took the kiddies to our favorite beach where they got to swim and play, and then we went to our favorite beach side bistro for a light dinner.  It was a gorgeous day to be in the sun and watch it set and just relax.

Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Oh yuck, sorry you got the bug. My sister had it too.

A beach day, good for you! It was way too nice for work.