Thursday, July 07, 2011

So very sad...

So, I'm hoping that this will be my last post on Casey Anthony for this week.

I was happy to see that she wasn't able to leave jail today; it was a tiny battle victory in a war that has been lost. I know that a week from now she will be free, but it still was a good thing to see her reaction when she realized she wasn't going anywhere today. It was just a tiny pop in her balloon.

I'm very sad about the way people are villianizing her family; first of all - show me a family that isn't "dysfunctional" and I'll show you a group of mannequins. Every family has their dynamics and histories and behaviours that aren't perfect, and to tear this family apart because they're under scrutiny in the worst of situations - I think is just horrible. To hear stories that her parents might have not been very kind to her after Caylee was born - well, wouldn't most parents be irritated with their child who doesn't work and relies on them to take care of her and a baby? I'm thinking there might be some resentment there.... not so "dysfunctional" - at least no more so than a family thinking that it's perfectly okay to just coast through life. Or thinking it's okay to steal hundreds of checks and thousands of dollars from family members and friends. All this time I was thinking that they were too nice to her, and in reality maybe they were trying tough love - and that's what made her spiteful and take Caylee away. I don't mean killing her - I mean taking her from the house which is what triggered all of this anyway. Doesn't anyone remember that Casey left the house a month previously with Caylee and refused to let her mother see her? Does anyone remember that Cindy begged her to leave Caylee with her so she could go do her own thing when she wanted to? I wish the Prosecution focused more on the dynamic between Casey & Cindy in the parenting aspect -rather than just physical evidence - and maybe it would've painted a more rounded picture of the volatile personality that the jurors were dealing with. It was more than just Casey's relationship with Caylee; it was Casey's relationship with everyone - and how she manipulated, controlled and lied. That is the underlying path in this poor girl's death - accidental or otherwise.

I find it so sad that post verdict jurors have come out and said they know she's guilty but didn't feel that without knowing "how" she died, they could convict her. I'm sorry but you can't play Monday morning quarterback now. Listen, I've said it before - and I'll say it again. Does it matter if they're shot, stabbed or suffocated? Bottom line is a person is dead that clearly isn't natural causes with evidence to support it. How can that be ignored? I've never heard of so many people discussing Double Jeopardy as much as they are with this case. So many people feel that this wasn't the right decision.

I guess the bottom line is that I'm just so sad about this in general. I'm not irate; I'm not irrational about it. I just find it so sad that a jury completely disregarded physical evidence seconded by corroborating circumstantial evidence - and went with a theory that had zero evidence, admittedly. And yet, their decision will stand because that is our justice system. Even if her death was initially accidental, no matter what the means - the actions that followed were anything but accidental, and aggravated manslaughter should've been the verdict. And ask yourself this jurors: Why wasn't 911 called?? Because it wasn't an accident.... at least not the accident you'd like to think it was. It was accidental overdose by chloroform which she knew she would have to explain.... the duct tape and what not - I'm sure that was initially to make it look like a kidnapping. Truly, Casey's not that tough to figure out...

Just my humble opinion.....

No comments: