Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The aftermath....

So, of course it's almost impossible to have the television on and not hear about Caylee Anthony.

What disturbs me most is that the jury completely disregarded all the evidence and clearly had their minds made up prior to deliberation. One alternate juror even came out and said that he knows something happened to Caylee and that they chose not to convict because "the family is dysfunctional and knows more than they're letting on.".

1. What family isn't dysfunctional at some level?
and 2. Of course they KNEW Casey did it....we ALL know it -- its just none of us can know exactly what happened. Of course her parents knew - they did all that they could to get it out of her. They cried, they begged, they bribed, they threatened. But they didn't cover it up for her -and for the jury to NOT convict based strictly on the fact that they feel the family is involved when there is zero evidence to point to that - is a complete and total miscarriage of justice. That is not bravery from the jury -- it's laziness.

There will be no justice for Caylee, I don't see how. And it's absolutely gutwrenching.

A friend of mine sent the following to me. She saw it on Facebook today and doesn't know if the person wrote it themselves or copied & pasted it. But either way - it's worth sharing.

"Dear Mommy,
I see you smile down there below, why are those tears of joy you show? I'm glad you're happy, although you lied, I'd still love to be smiling right by your side. Tell my grandparents I send my love. It's beautiful here, that's all I can say. I'm happy your life will go on without me in your way. I'm glad you get to walk free. Just remember sooner or later, there will be justice for me.
Love Caylee ♥♥♥ "

No comments: