Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Music keeps me snapping my fingers, music keeps me tapping my toes....

So the latest song that makes me sing out loud -- really loudly -- when I'm driving, is Lada Gaga's "Edge of Glory". How this song doesn't just make everyone want to get up and belt it out - is beyond me.






I find it really interesting that a columnist from the Boston Herald said that when Amy Winehouse died, we lost "one of the greatest voices of this generation".

I mean, don't get me wrong - I enjoyed Amy Winehouse. Stylistically, she was great - and she was talented. I think what the person should've printed was that when she died, we lost one of the most promising artists, or one with great potential. But seriously....

Has this person not heard of Adele, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson. Literally, amazingly talented voices of this generation. If it was the figurative sense of the word, then please - we don't need a heroin addicted and defiant voice for anyone's generation. Really.

Just sayin'.

No comments: