Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What I've been listening to....

I know James Blunt has been out for a while, but if you've been on the fence because the song "Beautiful" was just too sensitive sounding - don't be fooled. This cd is fantastic. He's an amazing lyricist, and this cd is absolutely a "must have". Check out "Goodbye my Lover", and "Tears and Rain". This cd is worth it if for nothing other than those two songs. Something about him reminds me slightly of David Gray....

Jules Shear has a new cd out that is excellent. "Dreams don't count" is a beautiful, poetic cd that makes you long for sitting in a coffee house with a good latte, and watching the rain beat down against the windows. This is no Starbucks coffee house I'm talking about either...I mean a down home, good ol' fashioned coffee house from "back in the day".

Sonya Kitchell - who IS a Starbuck's "darling" is definitely a good take. And, I think she's from Masschusetts as well, so just another reason for me to like her. ;)

Check them out and let me know what you think!

7 comments:

chesneygirl said...

I've never heard of any of these people....I must be 'out of it'?

Anonymous said...

Umm..Starbucks. We should go one of these days -- and soon!

Gunngirl said...

Just can't get into James Blunt. I'm on the other side of the fence.

Michelle said...

I do like the song Beautiful, but never considered buying the cd because I didn't want 15 songs like Beautiful. Maybe I'll have to give it a chance.

What else is new in Rebecca's corner?

joy said...

Nice.

Big Ben said...

I like James Blunt. Can you beleive I saw him on Oprah - Big Ben watched Oprah, unreal?!

Rebecca said...

Ben - I am absolutely shocked. :)

Laurie - Yeah, I range from metal to folk to opera. I'm quite the eclectic kinda girl! ;)

Mr Fab - yes, I have Anna Nalick's cd! It's really good...

Glitter - you were in my dream the other night - it was very funny! I'll have to tell you about it.

Naive - Not a whole heck of alot, I gotta tell ya!