Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Namaste....bitches. " - Dina Manzo RHONJ

Today I got to spend some time with the parents of one of my daughters friends.  I really like them, and they invited me to stay a while when I dropped her off for some playtime. It was nice, we were talking about a variety of things; but we definitely focused for a while on temperments and personalities, both of our children and ourselves.

It reminded me of all the different epiphanies I've had over the last 12 years or so; how choosing your battles and "accepting the things you can not change" are some of the hardest things to do sometimes!  Realizing that the mantra of  "don't sweat the small stuff - it's all small stuff" was true and applying it to my life as often as I could - was no easy task.  But it's been well worth it. 

Yoga, as I explained to her mom - helped tremendously with that.  Not only the physical aspect that allows you to "free your mind, and the rest will follow" -but in the spiritual aspect that yoga brings.  It just inspires you to be the best you possible; it's hard to explain that to someone who never practiced because I know that it sounds all cultish - but it's really true.  You want to eat better, live better, and just be happier overall.

Will I ever get back to my mat?  I certainly hope so.
Only time will tell.....

No comments: