Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Third of July!

Some of the nicest people I know were born on this day…. My Mom. Her twin sister - yes that would be my Aunt. My pen pal Heather. And now….a new addition to the family, as my cousin just had a baby girl that she named Ella this morning. I seem to think that if any of the other people that I know who are born on this day are any indicator of personality and temperment, then I think it's safe to say that little Ella is going to be a very sweet little girl.

I don't have any big plans for the 4th this year. I'm hoping the weather holds out and stays nicer than anticipated since my neighbor is hosting a block party - and to be outdoors in the sun and pool, rather than indoors out of the rain -- would be lovely. Plus my sister and I have tentative plans to take the kids to the lake to see the fireworks at night - so here's hoping that there's no rain.

The remainder of the week is up in the air. I was supposed to be in Maine all week, but that got changed at the last minute, so I'm not on vacation. I'm thinking I"ll be making an appearance in the office in the mornings and then I'll leave early to go home to be with the kids. Maybe finally plant that herb garden I've been procrastinating on…or maybe take the kids to the beach if the weather cooperates. We went to Rockport on Sunday which was nice but still a bit cool. Not a good water kind of day.

So I guess the rest of this week is "up for grabs" so to speak.
Have I mentioned how much I hate that I can't blog at work?!?!? AAAAGh.

4 comments:

Big Ben said...

Shouldn't you be doing work at work?

Lori said...

Happy Independence!

Rebecca said...

Ben...
I'm the queen of multi-tasking, didn't you know that? :)

Lori - same to you! :)

Susan said...

Blog via email! LOL.