Friday, February 14, 2014

Say something....

Today was one of those days that I sensed my mother around me. 

It doesn't happen often; actually I rarely feel any semblance of her presence which makes me doubt my hopes in the afterlife. 

But today, I did. It started with a song on the radio during my drive in.  And then it happened again with a phrase that I said during the day that was hers incarnate. 

But the real kicker was when I logged into my Facebook account for a minute. I don't go on often or post hardly ever- but I try to check it every other day or so. Today, my cousin posted photos of my family from waaaay back. The first one that popped up on my news feed was.... My mother.  Smiling. Something she rarely did in pictures because she didn't like her teeth. 

It was shocking and reaffirming at the same time. 

Happy Valentines Day Mom. 
I love you. 

No comments: