Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pop, pop, pop - says each kernel bright and yellow;pop pop pop they are clever little fellows..

I am the Queen of making snack mixes.
Oh, yeah.

I love taking popcorn and mixing it with different things for the kiddies; and I can go either very sweet - or relatively healthy. Just depends on my mood and what I've got in the house.

Tonight, was a little kettle corn (have to go with the healthiest variations of a theme, so reduced calorie and not terribly sweet either), sprinkled with granola, raw almonds and a little bit of chocolate Cheerios. (Yum!)

Sometimes, I'll melt a little chocolate and drizzle it on, then sprinkle banana nut Cheerios and mix it up -- possibly toss it with a little coconut for funsies.

Occasionally, I've been known to mix a little peanut butter or caramel with the chocolate; other times, I'll mix in raisins and dried bananas with Special K Raspberry.

The kids love it because it's never the same thing twice - and they love it!
Who's the coolest Mom ever?
I am!

...Well, until they're angry with me. Of course.

No comments: