Monday, June 11, 2007

A tale of bad hair...and other amusing thoughts.

Yesterday, was a horrible hair day. Horrible. It was a pony tail day – and even that looked awful. Somedays, when you skip washing your hair and throw it up in a ponytail, it’s glamourous and all supermodel looking. And other days...not so much. Frizzy. Straggly. Yuck. Monday was one of those days. We’re having a base exercise, which basically is that we’re being inspected to make sure we have our acts together incase of a wartime scenario. And we’re graded on it. Normally, this wouldn’t affect me much outside of being inconvenienced with evacuations, or inaccessibility to or from the base. But this time, I’m actually on an exercise support team. So I was asked to be here a little earlier than normal so that we could get working on this. Hence the not washing of my hair – total time saver. Well, we didn’t start our exercises as planned – and I walked around all day looking like a tired, ragged mop. Nice!

Of course, the topic of the day was: The Sopranos. You know.... I’m so torn. At first I was like ‘WTF!”. Now I’m okay with it. What did I really want to see anyway? The family get wiped out? Tony getting shot in front of them? Did I need to see the blood and guts? Eh, not really. Actually.... I think I like thinking that either the blackness and silence at the end was symbolic of not knowing what the future holds, or.....Meadow walking in was the last thing he saw and the silence was symbolic of that: Death. I sort of like the idea of thinking we were "in his head". That, is rather artsy. I don’t know. I keep going back and forth.....

I, for one – am quite glad that the Red Sox road trip is over. So let’s get back to using a DH, a “normal” hitting rotation and a little home field love. Lets get the Evil Empire back into the double digits and keep them there. And I know this isn’t going to be a popular statement, but..... I’m not in love with Dice K just yet. I mean, I don’t feel the confidence that I usually have when a solid pitcher is on the mound. And I know that sounds crazy because he’s got great stuff... but I’m just not feeling it yet. Maybe later this season I will...

Paris Hilton. I’m so all set with seeing her name everywhere. Truly. Martha Stewart “manned” up and did her time. And she wasn’t in a private part of the jail either. Give me a break. Paris should be ashamed of herself. I’m ashamed for her. She actually phoned from jail to be on “The View”. First of all – why would they indulge this? And then – look at this lovely little quote: "I feel as if I'm a different person. I used to act dumb. That act is no longer cute. Now, I would like to make a difference. God has given me this new chance." Seriously. You’ve got to be kidding me. The girl spends a total of 36 hours in jail and she found God? Yeah, she found brains and God like Lindsay Lohan has quit drinking, or Britney found her sanity AND her virginity.


Well, you know what they say... Money can't buy you class.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I do that all the time with my hair...you can tell when I'm having a bad hair day or non-washing day when it's pulled up in a ponytail or pulled back in a headband.

Sassy said...

That's why I cut all mine off on Friday!! :-D

I'm not in love with Dice-K yet either...but I also don't have the hate for JD Drew that a lot of REd Sox Nation feels right now. I know he's got his stuff...just needs to find a groove.

Lugo, on the other hand....ugh.

Tim said...

remember that Matsuzaka is getting used to a whole new league and country. I expect he'll only get better. JD Drew can hit and it will only be a matter of time before he does- he's also making some adjustments coming from the NL to the AL.

Can't relate to bad hair days.

Talentless Paris Hilton is only famous because of her last name and the money that goes with it. Her 15 minutes of fame should have been over before it began...