Friday, June 29, 2007

Awards....friends...and gushing!


So, since I haven't been able to blog regularly I'm a little behind on some things I had meant to say this week. (Clearly I'm off today as I'm once again posting bright and early!) One of them being a big "thank you" to Martie for labeling me with this great little tag to add to my blog. She was "bestowed" (I always think magic fairy wands and pixie dust!) with this badge from someone who felt her blog was something special - and she included me in with 4 other girls to pass it along to - as thinking that our blogs were something special as well.

(Sound of skies opening and choirs of angels singing inserted HERE)


So now it is my turn to pass this lovely little honor on to 5 female bloggers whom I think rock. This is always a difficult thing because to single out a few - when I really enjoy those whom are on my blogroll--feels a little awkward. But pass it on I will - with the caveat of being I have no favorites. Oh - and keep in mind that some of these blogs may be "private" so please don't be offended if you can't read them.

(Waving my magic fairy wand and sprinkling pixie dust.....)


1. LadyBugs 12, a/k/a Pink and Green Girl: One of the very first blogs I started reading. Love love love her fun stories about her little daughter, as well as what happens in her life in general. We have a lot in common, despite the fact that I wouldn't necessarily have considered myself "preppy". She has some of the most delicious recipes... ever. She definitely rocks.

2. Pink Shoe Diaries: First off - don't know how I didn't find her sooner. She's a flipping riot. Like, read her blog and laugh out loud riot. AND, a great cook. She and Ms. Ladybugs12 could teach me a few things about recipes I think! Wish I found her sooner - glad that I did anyway. She's definitely rocking.

3. Melrose Place a/k/a/ Glitter: She actually has become a friend of mine in "real life". One of the funniest things I loved about her description of her self when first reading her blog was something to the effect of " when glitter gets on you, it's tough to get glitter off..." or something like that. She's funny, and witty...too giving of herself at times, and really just adorable. She truly has the life of a rockstar and is most definitely deserving of this tag.

4. C'est Moi a/k/a/ Bugs Travels: Mellissa is probably one of the kindest souls ever. I tend to think if angels truly walk amongst us - she is one of them.

5. Love, Sex, Hope & Dreams: Tish was THE first blog I ever found. Reading her blog inspired me to start one of my own; even though we write about entirely different topics and have completely different writing styles, (read between the lines here - she's a REAL writer!)it was her that got me started on this journey. She writes about poignant topics in her life - and is so very open and honest in how she writes. Or at least it feels honest, as I haven't ever met Ms. Tish. But there is something very real and true in her writing that brings you back again and again and again.

3 comments:

ramblin' girl said...

Much deserved! You do rock! ;-)

Susan said...

Awww...thanks a million - I'm smiling from ear to ear.

Sarah said...

I just found this!~ Thank you so much Rebecca you are the best!

Also, I think you tagged me for a meme a while back but I forget which one it was so I did one on my blog and just said you tagged me. I am 90% sure you did. ha!