Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wednesday's potpourri...

1. I am back to the yoga mat today. After many months of being inactive and void of any type of physical activity, I am going to yoga today. I am beyond excited. Next week, I'll also do another week of my vegan detox to jump start my metabolism because while I can't run just yet - doing yoga is absolutely going to get me back into the swing of things, as well as strengthen me up so that running will be a possibility sooner - rather than later. At Whole Foods this afternoon to celebrate - I bought myself some Metromint Peppermint water (my very favorite!) -- and I caved (literally!) and indulged in a good chunk of cave aged Gruyere. (See, pun clearly intended.) I tasted a small sliver at the cheese counter and loved it. So while I roast my veggies & rice for dinner tonight (no, I'm not detoxing today just going to eat lighter tonight. Of course, the half of a chocolate chip cookie I just ate doesn't qualify....) I will indulge in this amazing cheese. Ommmm...yummmm.

2. I am still riveted to the Caylee Anthony case. I'm not exactly sure why the state isn't going forward with the death penalty for Casey Anthony; the only explanation I can come up with is that there would be a higher chance of conviction without the prospect of death; she's an attractive young girl and possibly they're thinking that people would be more forgiving of her based upon outward appearances, and it's reprehensible to think that a mother would do this to a child. (Let's be honest, people are more forgiving to attractive people than to those who aren't so easy on the eyes...that's partly why celebrities get away with such poor behaviour. But I digress....)It's inexcusable to me that she has shown little to no remorse over this; even Susan Smith who to me was previously one of the most heinous criminals in a crime of this kind -- showed emotion, remorse and regret. Hyperventilation, if truly her reaction - equals fear. It does not equate to grief.

3. I can't believe how quickly my kids are growing up. This week I have to register my daughter for kindergarten. She's going to be 5 - my son is going to be 8. Where does the time go? The days of my being the center of their universes....are slowly going to leave me. Those are the times that I'm not looking forward to, at all. Well, let me rephrase that; they'll never leave me....I just won't be the most important part of their lives. They'll have their friends, and other interests. Which is normal, and natural....and what we want for them to be -- happy and well rounded and adjusted. That doesn't mean I can't feel a little sad about it....

4. Stimulus plan, shimulus scam....My latest effort in the business startup is still moving right along, which is a good thing. A great thing, actually! I just wonder how President Santa Claus plans on helping good people, with excellent credit with their small businesses? Because I haven't heard much about that in the "stimulus" plan.

Just sayin'....

3 comments:

Nichole M said...

I'm so glad you're back at yoga! You'll be running in *no* time!

Yeah, don't you realize as a small business owner or a "wealthy" individual, we are to be punished? Because we are evil, and naturally got to where we are by stepping on the backs of the poor and minorities. :-P

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am so disgusted with the Casey Anthony case. What really chaps my hide is when the news shows her smiling in the courtroom & waving to someone. Just the slightest bit of contrition would be a vast improvement.

chesneygirl said...

I register my son for Kindergarten next month. ...I'm so not ready for it yet. :(