Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthdays and dragonflies...

I wish I had a camera on me at the moment.

I had to leave work early today because my sitter wasn't feeling well -- and I know she wasn't feeling well because she's never, ever asked me to come home. So I came home about an hour early which afforded me the opportunity to help my son with his homework, and make his lunch for tomorrow - as well as lay out his clothes for the day -- which are tasks I don't get to do before dinnertime.


Anyway, I'm sitting on my front porch at the moment watching my daughter catch dragonflies -- her favorite bug in the world. I think she loves them even more than butterflies. They're friendly too - some of them anyway. If she's lucky enough to find one that will allow her to hold it, that makes her day. So, she's singing to them and trying to get them to land on her or at a minimum let her pick them up.

We've got a few red, green and blue ones today; we haven't had that many this summer. I took my hanging flowers down and geranium planters when we refinished our front farmer's porch this summer; and though I believe they are bug eaters - they love love love geraniums. We've had huge ones, in bright greens and blues and yellows usually.

Since I started writing, there's 4 of them that have been swirling around us - and one of them keeps landing on her hand! She's really in her glory. I'm off to get the camcorder...!

Tonight I'm taking my sister out for birthday to her favorite restaurant for dinner and a little accapella. I'm looking forward to it, we should have a nice time. It's just going to be myself, her best friend and her. The last time she and I went out was the night of the Beckett Bowl and we decided that night that we wanted to try to get together once a month for dinner so we're right on schedule. Good thing for birthdays!

So, the restaurant we're going to is one that she used to work at which is one of the reasons why she loves it. For me -- it's about that they serve Pizzeria Regina Pizza there, and I just may indulge in a slice for funsies. I haven't had Pizzeria Regina in years...now that's a pizza.

There's an idea! When we go to the feast in the North End on Sunday - that may just have to be one of our stops!

1 comment:

Esperanza said...

The dragonfly and your daughter, so sweet.

Yummy, Pizzeria Reginas.....I am craving it now! Enjoy!