Thursday, January 31, 2008

A little more on music...

So it's been some time since I've given some musical recommendations, and though I listed a few yesterday - I thought I'd expound upon it a little further today.

Yes, Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson are definitely two of my latest favorites. But, there are some others that are well worth passing along.

Kate Voegele: Only Fooling Myself, Kindly Unspoken.
I really love creative lyricists, and while I don't know if she writes her own lyrics - her voice is soulful enough that I believe she really means what she's singing. Really like her.

John Legend: Ordinary People, Someday
What can I say about John Legend that isn't already known? He is nothing short of amazing. He reminds me a little of Alicia Keys which sounds odd because he's clearly a "boy", but I think that while Alicia is America's "darling", I can only take so much of her. I prefer to listen to John Legend over and over again.

Fergie: Mary Jane Shoes
Okay, maybe this song just means more to me because I love, love, love Mary Jane shoes. So, while the song itself is certainly nothing to write home about - it makes this girl smile anyway.

Uptown Girls: I'm Losing You
This 1986 remake of this classic Motown song is awesome. I can only find it on Limewire - but if you like that song - this is a version that can not be missed. Great song to run to, by the way. Definitely add this to your workout playlist.

Have any good recommendations? I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

Cookie said...

le creuset cookware
It's been a while also that I don't listen to any music and maybe my stereo got stock for not even opening it for any fm or radio tune. Or picking up some of my favorite Cd's to play in it. But song and lyrics that have been my favorite since the Pretty Woman movie, is the 'I must have been love'.