Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sometimes, I just don't get it...

Why is it when I go to Dunkin’s everyday....to the same Dunkin’s here on base at lunch....to the same person every day, I get this:

I say “hazelnut and coconut” – and they ask “french vanilla?”
I say “extra skim milk and 4 splenda” – and they come back with “extra cream and how many sugars”.
Seriously. I know I complain about this topic a lot, but give me a break already!
Mark the cup if you have to. Us coffee enthusiasts need our coffee a certain way.
What, are just trying to mess with me?

I think my body is going into temperature shock. Tuesday, I wore cute business style summer shorts and a fun shirtsleeve shirt with it – and froze all day until the temperature finally rose around 4 p.m. Yesterday, I wore a nice skirt and sleeveless shirt and open toed shoes to work. It was gorgeous out! We had a test run evacuation and I couldn’t bear to go back in the building. By 3p.m. – it was freezing and pouring rain. And wouldn’t you know, today’s a knee high boot, long skirt and long sleeved shirt kind of day. What’s that all about? Only in New England....

Why do people set up VTCs and telecon’s, invite other people (such as myself) without having a clue how to set them up? I was tasked to be the Hanscom rep on a VTC with other bases this afternoon – but then it got changed to a telecon and the hosting office’s admin folks were asking me how to set it up? I have no idea, truthfully. I usually rely on the admin staff here to help me with that. Fortunately, the girl I work with who supports those areas has a good sense of humor about it all and educated me in a "Remedial Admin 101" class. I just never had to set up a telecon, I just usually am involved in them. Funny thing is – I didn’t even set up this meeting! How did it become my responsibility to get everyone else online?

Very interesting quote I came across today....
"By the time you swear you're his, shivering and sighing; and he vows his passion is infinite and undying -- Lady, make a note of this: One of you is lying" Dorothy Parker, "Unfortunate Coincidence"

I'm looking forward to my run this afternoon to clear my head from all of this...

No comments: