Thursday, April 06, 2006

Take me out to the ball game....

I love baseball season...
I'm so glad that it's finally here.
Sports talk radio has been so boring since football ended - I actually can start listening again!

I'm cautiously optomistic about the Red Sox. You just never know with them...
But I'm feeling pretty good. Pretty, pretty good.

And I'm really looking forward to going to a few games this season. I'd like to splurge and get seats right behind home plate.
(Hello Jason Varitek...yes, that's me stalking you! hahaha)

Who are my favorites you might ask? Well, of course, Jason Varitek is my very favorite.
Then Manny Ramirez. Mike Timlin. Of course how can you not love Big Papi...
At this rate, CoCo Crisp is going to make it up this list rather quickly.

Which brings me to another subject. CoCo Crisp???
Did his parents smoke a lot of "the funny stuff" - or did they just not like him? Who names their kid after a cereal - and not even a good one at that??


These are the things that irritate me. I mean, who names their child these obscure names. Apple? Hello - that's a fruit. Poor kid is going to grow up being teased their whole life. Mercedes? "Do you wanna ride in my Mercedes Boy".... Poor girl, she'll be thought of as an easy ride. Or here's a good one: Bayou. You named your child after a swampy wetland area? What are you people thinking?!?!?!

And I really wished that I really looked like my Avatar and Weather Pixie. Man, they are smokin'!!

But I digress....

Batter up kids, and get those ball park franks ready....it's ball time!

12 comments:

Martie said...

Yeah, what's up with those parents? Are they just too young to understand the name will haunt them forever!? One of our daughters has 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl and Dad says she had a brain fart naming her kids....all strange names, poor babies!!

bigwhitehat said...

Yeah, our opening day had a damper put on it because your team had to whip us. I hope you and your Boston Sweat Sox are happy.

Cheryl said...

You DO look like your avatar. Mercedes is a pretty common name here in the Hispanic community--it means "mercy" in Spanish. Personally I like the car.

Rebecca said...

Cheryl - Thank you! ;) Hmmm. I guess that Mercedes has a different sound to it now that you put it that way. :)

Laura - And you're a Yankees fan I love. :) Actually, I have to be honest, while it's the unpopular thing to say - I like the Yankees. Lots of talent there. But I HATE them when we're playing them, naturally. ;) Unfortunately, I still think that with all that money and talent - there are too many egos to come together as a team.

Dale: Big Papi's been going strong for far longer than one year my friend! ;) And Damon is an Idiot. Perfect title for his book. While I loved him while he was here - eh, NY can have him now. His wife is a bimbo too. ;)

Z- I'm sorry to hear that your opening series got a little rained on. You guys still played really well!

Martie - I know, sometimes I really wonder if people think long term.... ;)

Mr Fabulous - YES. Jason is the Man. ;)

Bougie Black Boy said...

As I always say--somehow you blend food into most of your posts. Perhaps your postings are the reason I gain weight!

:)

Big Ben said...

Yankees and Sox will have to bow down to the Jays. It will be like 92 and 93 all over again.

BTW - I plan to name my kid "Fuckov" (it might be Russian?)

clew said...

YEAH BABY, BASEBALL SEASON!

I've always said, nothing - NOTHING - tastes as good as a ball park dog on opening day. *Swoon*

Hale McKay said...

Yay! Baseball is finally here. Coco Crisp is going to become a fan favorite and i honestly believe that people will be saying "Johnny who" by the end of the season.
...Curious that Kodijack mentioned the Sox $105 million payroll and the Rockies' $50 ,illion, but conveniently omitted that the "best team" in baseball has an almost $200 million payroll.
...Go Sox!

chesneygirl said...

I'm not a huge baseball fan but my dad is so I know the game and semi-follow it. Although it's hard to keep an interest when your home team is the Detroit Tigers!
However, they are off to an excellent start this season. Their home opener is today and my dad and brother are there now!

Coco is AWFUL...I have never heard of the player you're referring to but I thought it was cruelty when Courtney Cox named her baby Coco.
Another one is Julia Roberts son, Finnius....that's torture!

dawnmarie said...

I heart baseball. And coco crips name is actually Covelli Loyce Crisp. I'd go with something else too...

I'm a die-hard Minnesota fan. But I love when I find other women baseball fans.

Unknown said...

One of my daughter's best friends lives NEXT DOOR to Jason Veritek in Waban, and yes, I really DO stalk him. I'm dying to see him out mowing his lawn or something, but so far, no sightings of anyone but the (ahem) Missus. We hate her.

Rebecca said...

Hey It's Just Me, and DawnMarie - Thanks for stopping by - and for enlightening me on CoCo Crisp's true name!!! So clearly, this is just a choice, which I can live with. :) And Yo'Majesty??? WTF??? hahaa

Margalit - OMG, now I know where he LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES. ;) hahaha. Love, love, love him. Actualy, dedicating a post to him today. :)